Many people, especially skate enthusiasts wonder how they can improve their techniques while skating. Although each person has their own difficulties, there are some general tips that can help even the goofiest skater succeed in such a fun sport. Skateboarding is loved worldwide, whether you love to use your common skateboard or even a longboard, keep on reading, these tips might also be helpful for you.
• Are you having problems with balance? – If the answer was yes then you might not be positioning yourself properly on the board. You should watch your shoulders, legs, feet and son. Make sure you shoulder are not pointing anywhere in particular, such as your back or even ahead. It is also important for you to maintain your weight on your feet and not your arms or anywhere else.
• Make sure your longboard is the right one for your size – In case you are having trouble with your longboard, it is important to check its size. This is where the problem might be coming from. Your longboard should not be any bigger than your chin or nose (when standing tall in front of you). If you feel your balance is not very good with yours, then its size might not be the right one for you.
• If your skate is slippery apply some grip tape – Applying grip tape is the perfect (and cheap) solution for those who would like to have a better grip while riding. You can find grip tape in several different skating stores. Make sure you choose a high quality brand, after all once you apply your grip tape it will be quite hard to get it off. The better the quality, the longer your board will work well.
• Make sure you keep your trucks and other parts clean – It is also very important to clean your skateboard every once in a while. This will keep debris and other dirt away and will provide you the chance to ride much smoother. You can do it at home, with some lubricant (not WD-40!). In case you feel insecure as a first timer, make sure you take your skate to a professional. Cleaning it will not cost you too much, and it will avoid your skate from getting damaged.
• Do not be afraid of trying – it is very important not to be afraid. Being afraid will only keep you away from achieving your goals. The more fear you have the worst it will be. You should always feel open and ready for new challenges. This is especially true for those who love radical sports. Skating is one of them, and in order for you to enhance your quality, feeling afraid is the last thing that should happen.read their latest comment for more details.
These were only some of the main tips for those who would like to improve their skating experience. If you are one of these people we truly hope the above tips were useful! Make sure you never give your dreams up! Skating is much more than a sport, it is a lifestyle! Have it change your life too!